Become a Member
VANISH relies on members to maintain our strong and diverse community of people who have been affected by adoption, separation from a child, state wardship, and donor conception.
Members are critical to building our network, informing our services, and strengthening our voice in order to influence policy and government action. Together, we can have a powerful impact through advocacy and education, in line with our vision, purpose and values.
By becoming a member of VANISH, you can:
- Receive a subscription to our VANISH VOICE quarterly newsletter with the latest updates and personal stories from Victoria and beyond
- Be the first to know about upcoming events, workshops and courses
- Attend our annual general meeting (and vote if you are eligible) and help to shape the future of VANISH
- Get opportunities to participate in research and get involved in advocacy
- Become part of a movement that promotes connection to family and identity
- Join our 30+ year old community of over 1,000 members
Plus, membership is free!
Who can become a member?
Whether you have been personally affected by adoption or family separation, you are an adoption professional, or you just want to support us, anyone can become a member of VANISH.
Types of membership
For people affected by adoption (including adopted people; mothers, fathers and other natural family members; and adoptive parents); people affected by donor conception; and careleavers or state wards. See our membership form for full list of eligible categories.
For professionals and supporters of VANISH who do not meet eligibility for full membership.
Get in touch with our helpful team
Contact us to find out more about our services or have a chat about how we can best support you.