VANISH counselling service is a free service available to anyone with a separation or adoption experience.
While the main service is provided at our North Melbourne office, the same service is also available in Warrnambool and Geelong. For those living outside of these areas and/or who are unable to travel, telephone counselling is available.
The VANISH counselling model is strengths based and recovery focused. It recognises the lifelong impacts of:
- separation, loss, shame and secrecy;
- grief (disenfranchised and retrospective);
- infant and adult attachment styles and patterns of intimacy.
We welcome those who are interested in using the service to call and chat with our Counselling Coordinator on
(03) 9328 8611 or 1300 826 474 (Monday to Friday).
If for whatever reason we are not the most appropriate service for you, we will assist you to connect with one that is.
VANISH Register of Adoption Counsellors
VANISH maintains a Register of Adoption Counsellors who have knowledge of separation and adoption issues.
For further information and/or referral, please contact our Counselling Coordinator on (03) 9328 8611 or 1300 826 474 (Monday to Friday).
Getting Immediate Support
Emergency contact information - 24 hours
- Ambulance/Fire/Police - 000
- Lifeline - 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636
- Men's Line Australia - 1300 78 99 78
- Salvo Care Line - 1300 36 36 22
- Suicide Call Back Service - 1300 659 467
In an emergency you can also visit your local hospital's emergency department.