VANISH counselling service is a free service available to anyone with a separation or adoption experience living in both city and rural areas.
While the service is located at the North Melbourne VANISH office, telephone counselling is available to those unable to travel.
The VANISH counselling model is strengths based and recovery focused. It recognises the lifelong impacts of:
- separation, loss, shame and secrecy;
- grief (disenfranchised and retrospective);
- infant and adult attachment styles and patterns of intimacy.
From January 2017 the same service will be available in Warrnambool and Geelong.
We welcome those who are interested in using the service to call and chat with our Counselling Coordinator on
(03) 9328 8611 or 1300 826 474 (Monday to Friday).
If for whatever reason we are not the most appropriate service for you, we will assist you to connect with one that is.
The Register of Adoption Counsellors contains information to assist you to find a counsellor who has knowledge of separation and adoption issues.
Getting Immediate Support
Emergency contact information - 24 hours
- Ambulance/Fire/Police - 000
- Lifeline - 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636
- Men's Line Australia - 1300 78 99 78
- Salvo Care Line - 1300 36 36 22
- Suicide Call Back Service - 1300 659 467
In an emergency you can also visit your local hospital's emergency department.